If you leave an adult boar to feed on grass for a long period of time, then the meat yielded will be larger than if you hunt for younger animals. Boars also are smaller, slower and weaker when born.
Here is the summary of changes to the boars (v0.1.8.209):
- Game starts of with set number of boars, if the number of boars on the map drops below this amount, new boars will be added to reach the threshold again (given some timer).
- Boars can now reproduce on their own. Boars have a foodCounter that fills up each time they eat grass. When full, the boar is ready for offspring. This produces a new boar and resets the counter to 0. The limit of grass to eat is increasing exponentially with the number of boars on the map. Additionally, a natural limit to their growth is equal the amount of grass available. If a large herd eats up all the grass, the food counter will fill up slower and produce less offspring.
- Select a boar to find out how much more food it needs to eat until the next offspring arrives.
- The new boar offspring counter for each boar is also stored when saving the game.
- As boars grow, more meat is beomces available after killing the animal. Baby boars start with one meat. As a boar grows into adulthood, the fur resource is also added.
- Growth rate to adulthood is constant per growth level. There are 4 levels to adult hood each requiring to eat 100 grass to reach the next level. Reaching each level increases meat output by one. Each level also increases how much food the boar can eat, how fast it can walk, and, as an adult, it also becomes stronger.
- After adulthood, growing still occurs and more meat is added to the boar, up to a given threshold.
Other changes and fixes in this version:
- Leg Traps can now be re-placed and moved to another location, or put back into storage if desired.
- Fixes issue with collecting water and the activity of selecting a water tile to command a minion to collect water.