Hello Dungeon Masters!
Dungeon Colony has been Greenlit!I have some great news: Dungeon Colony has been Greenlit! What a good way to start the new #indiedev year. This milestone is fantastic and highlights just what an amazing journey it has been to create the game of my dreams so far. Progress has been good and steady and I'm working towards a beta launch hopefully sometime this year.
Dungeon Colony isn't available in the store just yet. Before it gets there, I need to make some changes to the game and implement some Steam code. There are also a few business related obstacles that I need to complete. So stay tuned for more updates on that.
In case you are curious, I started my Greenlight page in March and I was greenlit mid December 2014. I surely didn't do much marketing (except for game updates) and am happy that the community decided on its own to vote the project into the store.
Dungeon Colony version 0.2.4.0 out now.I have made great progress on the campaign map which includes a lot of functionality that allows players to navigate the map and move maps from one level to the next.
The following gif shows the first 2 map icons and the road on which your units travel:
As you complete levels, more roads and destinations will be added to the map. You will carry over your units from level to level, keeping any experience they have earned. This feature is still in development.
Here is the complete list of changes in v0.2.4.0:
- Adds notification icon when new comments are available to the player.
- Splits Campaign Map into 4 smaller maps to fix bug with older GPUs.
- Reads path locations and destinations from maps.
- Adds Map Icon for Player Units.
- Adds Ability to move player units from one location to another.
- Adds Spawn Points for various unit types.
- Allows setting count, direction and type of unit to spawn on map.
- Allows placing spawn points from editor using a new Spawn Points Window.
- Adds logic to transfer map units to level.
- Adds Campaign Development Progress Window.