Today's release (v0.2.3.33) brings changes to the game engine and the website:
1. Better precision when selecting items on the map
One frequently mentioned issue had to do with the way you select items that are overlapping each other. The problem was that you wanted to select some loot from the ground, but there was also another object or creature in the way. Before, you wouldn't be able to just select that object. Instead would have to move the creature out of the way first. That would become a big issue, if there were more than 2 or 3 items or creatures over the same spot.
To solve this problem, you can now use the Control key with the Mouse in order to select and cycle through each item overlapping one another. (This works with both Left and Right Control +Left Mouse).
Once you press Control, you will see a little yellow indicator around the mouse, letting you know that you are in select mode. There is a priority built in which determines the type of item that is selected first:
- Your Units.
- Enemy Units.
- Neutral Units.
- Adds ability to comment on any feedback.
- Comments include comment, date, user, and optional response by developer.
- Improves precision of selecting objects and creatures on the map.
- Adds Control +Mouse click to cycle through objects and creatures overlapping each other.
- Improves Input Class.
- Changes Font on most Text Areas to use Currier New.
- Increases the quest description text area size to fit text with the new increased font.
- Reworks the Help windows, showing new tips on how to Play Dungeon Colony.
- Adds new Purchase options to the web-site.
- Updates the Contact web-site.
- Fixes bug when saving Levels without description.
- Fixes issue with attacking when creatures are already facing each other.
- Fixes issue with Enemies being stuck on map.